Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Topic - Edition

Python

23 items on 09 Oct 2026
Python AI Django

Deno is joining Cloudflare

Deno is joining Cloudflare The Deno team released the first version of celld back in August - their open source implementation of the Durable Objects pattern from Cloudflare Workers. Today, Cloudflare are acquiring Deno…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Quoting Matthew Green

Everyone is very concerned about being respectable, so I’m going to be the goofball who raises worst-case possibilities. I think there is a 1% chance we live in Minicrypt, and a 15% chance we functionally lose…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

A new feature for my blog, built using my voice

I shipped a new feature for my blog today: the Newsletters page, which offers an index of all of the newsletters I've sent out, both my free weekly Substack and my monthly sponsors-only updates. I built the feature…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

ttok 1.0

Release: ttok 1.0 I released ttok 0.4, ran uv tool upgrade ttok, piped a file into the new version... and realized that it was defaulting to the GPT-4 tokenizer when it should very clearly default to GPT-5/GPT-6…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python

Python Morsels: Python 3.15's best new features

Python 3.15 includes a UTF-8 default encoding, explicit lazy imports, * unpacking in comprehensions, a new sampling profiler, sentinel, frozendict, and more! Table of contents A UTF-8 default encoding Sentinel objects…

Source: Planet Python
AI Research AI Python

Stop Using AI. Start Hiring It.

AI agents can now write more code than any of us can read. That changed how I think about AI. The post Stop Using AI. Start Hiring It. appeared first on Towards Data Science.

Source: Towards Data Science Gursimar Singh
Python

Glyph Lefkowitz: Programming Isn’t Special

Creative Work Writers went on strike to get protections against “AI”. Thousands of artists have signed open letters in protest of “AI”. There are so many copyright lawsuits from creative industry groups against AI that…

Source: Planet Python
Python

Wingware: Wing Python IDE 12.1 Beta - October 9, 2026

Wing 12.1 is now available as a beta release. It introduces guided autonomous development. You specify the goals, answer questions, and review results. AI agents design and write the code, unit tests, and documentation.…

Source: Planet Python

23 items available