Problem description The docs warn that for the following formatter config… formatters: custom: (): my.package.customFormatterFactory bar: baz spam: 99.9 answer: 42 … following restrictions apply: The values for keys…
Hi all, Like the topic title says, I’m having difficulties with the install manager. When I open the install manager, it says ‘You do not have the latest Python runtime.’ and then asks if I want to Install CPython now.…
PEP 843 is ready for discussion. It adds a small statement, from x export y [as z], that does what from x import y [as z] does and also appends the name to __all__ in the same statement. # spam/init.py from…
Good Morning, this is my first post on discourse. I am a technology enthusiast and hoping to learn more about the CPython interpreter and python extensions. Other than the devguides, does anyone know a good place to…
I’m trying to run multiple threads without garbling the terminal output. I also want to keep status indicators, such as Stat: Scanned 50/100, updating continuously. What would be the best way to implement this in…
Release: llm 0.32.1 Fresh installs of LLM stopped working the other day because the OpenAI Python library dropped its usage of httpx, and it turned out LLM depended on that library but only installed it via a transitive…
Release: llm-openrouter 0.7 Now that this plugin is compatible with LLM 0.32 it can display the reasoning traces for LLMs available through OpenRouter. Updated for compatibility with LLM 0.32. Models now use…
Stop Making TUIs Thomas Ptacek advocates for building real native user interfaces for even the smallest of personal tools, because coding agents have reduced the cost of getting a usable-enough GUI up and running to…
After I released version 1.0, I figured I would have to do the rotations myself. So I sat down with ChatGPT and I didn’t get it to write the code, but I got it to educate me. With a patient, interactive tutor, I was…
If you are at DjangoCon US this year, join us for 45 minutes to talk about the Django Software Foundation. What: Django Software Foundation Membership Open Space When: Wednesday, August 26th, 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm Where:…
Expose PROC_THREAD_ATTRIBUTE_JOB_LIST through subprocess on Windows I would like to propose exposing Windows PROC_THREAD_ATTRIBUTE_JOB_LIST through subprocess.STARTUPINFO.lpAttributeList. CPython currently exposes…
Why do AI systems silently fail? How can you set up a system that produces results while also reviewing and validating the work? This week on the show, Calvin Hendryx-Parker returns to discuss his recent talk…
Django and PostgreSQL can handle fuzzy name matching with Soundex, Daitch-Mokotoff, Levenshtein distance, and trigram similarity, each suited to different kinds of misspellings and phonetic variation. The article shows…