If you've ever exported cookies with curl -c, yt-dlp, a browser extension or an antidetect browser, you've met cookies.txt — the Netscape cookie format. And if you've tried to import that file into something that…
Original: https://codingcat.dev/post/dockerless-serverless-gpus-fast-cheap-ai-saas-with-runpod-flash Commercial AI image generation APIs like Google Vertex AI charge 3 to 4 cents per generation. Spend $1, and you get…
⚡ TL;DR: Internalize the single-threaded event loop and the sync, microtask, macrotask ordering it enforces. That one model explains promises, event delegation, and why a long task freezes your UI, plus how to avoid…
A Steam wishlist campaign needs links that tell you which channel a visitor came from. Here is the small helper we use for our October studio posts. It generates one URL per game and channel, so the copy and the link…
Every Chrome extension I install asks for something. Read and change all your data on all websites, usually. So when I built five small developer utilities as extensions, I wanted to know how far I could get with the…
State Lifting in React When building a React application, different components often need to share the same data. Normally, each component can manage its own state using the useState hook. However, when multiple…
Series: Building PdfWord — a free, no-backend PDF tools site (Part 16) Nobody searches for "PdfWord." Why would they — it didn't exist until I built it. People search for "merge pdf without account", "compress pdf for…
Most hospital EMR systems treat clinical encounters as structured text or generic intake forms. When building Dentiva, a clinical management platform for dental practices, we hit an immediate engineering wall: dentistry…
I love Node.js. It's why I can ship a backend in an afternoon. But I also write firmware and deal with edge hardware — OpenWrt routers, MIPS boards, small ARM gateways. And on that class of device, Node.js is often just…
Cloud video compressors are one of the most frustrating traps on the web: "Your video exceeds the 500MB free upload limit. Please upgrade to Pro for $19.99/mo to continue." Why are developers transferring gigabytes of…
Hey everyone! Have you ever needed to convert photos of your ID card, medical records, or receipts into a single PDF? If you search for it, there are thousands of free tools. But there is a huge problem: you usually…
Originally published on anton.qa. You can learn a lot from one small testing task. You need a rule, some code, and a clear stopping point. Here is a practice task for Claude Code. It checks PDF filenames. You will ask…
1. What was released / announced Earlier this week Cloudflare announced that it has acquired Deno, the modern JavaScript/TypeScript runtime created by the original creator of Node.js. The deal folds Deno’s open‑source…
I've been quietly building Antigravity Tools — a collection of 59 free, browser-based developer utilities — and today I'm sharing everything I built and learned. Why vanilla JS? No React, no build step. The main…
tomorrow = new Date(now.getTime() + 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000) is a line that turns up in a lot of scheduling and billing code. It looks harmless, and for most of the year it is. Twice a year, in any timezone that observes…
An AI video job can keep running after the user refreshes the page. The browser loses its component state, but the generation service still has work to do. When the page comes back, the UI needs to find that job, resume…
This is a submission for the Hacktoberfest Open-Source AI Challenge Week 1: Touch Grass The "Desk-Lock" Dilemma: A Tale of Two Screens Let’s be brutally honest for a second. As software developers, our daily routine…
Almost every frontend codebase has this somewhere, usually in a file called api.ts: async function fetchWithRetry(url: string, retries = 3) { try { return await fetch(url); } catch (err) { if (retries === 0) throw err;…
Building a Node.js application locally is only half the job. The real challenge begins when you need to deploy it to production, configure environment variables, manage dependencies, handle failures, and ensure the…
The problem You hit an API, get a 4,000-character single line back, and need it readable. So you search "online json formatter", paste the response into the first site that loads, and press Format. That response…