Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Topic - Edition

JavaScript

41 items on 08 Oct 2026
JavaScript

Background Sync API

The Magic Behind the Scenes: Unveiling the Background Sync API Ever find yourself frantically refreshing a webpage, hoping for new updates, only for it to stay stubbornly the same? Or perhaps you've been on a spotty…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Aviral Srivastava
JavaScript

Weaving a chat into cloth without reading it

A chat export is thousands of lines of text. What I find more interesting in a conversation between two people is its timing: who is up at midnight, who writes on the train, the week it went quiet. So I built ChitWeave,…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Arthur031221
JavaScript

Exposing live SDK state without handing callers a mutable object

An SDK can own a mutable state object and still need to expose it to consumers. The difficult part is deciding what a consumer actually receives. A copy can become stale. Freezing the SDK's original state prevents the…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Nicholas Petrasek
JavaScript

Your Transparent PNG Needs a Background Before It Becomes a JPEG

A product cutout looks perfect over a checkerboard preview. After conversion to JPEG, the surrounding area becomes a solid rectangle. On a dark website, that rectangle is suddenly obvious. The export may be technically…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Muhaymin Bin Mehmood
JavaScript

I built 100 finance validators with one command

Two days ago I shipped 100 document parsers with one command. Yesterday I did 100 finance validators. Same playbook. The pattern Build a small API (Cloudflare Worker) Write a JSON list of 100 keywords Template +…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Oleksandr
JavaScript React

How to Choose the Best React JS Development Company in the UK

Choosing the right React JS development company can determine whether your web product becomes a dependable business asset or a source of ongoing technical problems. A strong partner should understand more than React…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Mitesh Walia
JavaScript

Bulk Buy Calculator

The shelf tag says “30% off,” so the bulk option must be cheaper—right? That shortcut ignores the units that expire, the cupboard space they occupy, and the cash that could have stayed in savings. I built this…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Joe Lin
JavaScript React

Module Federation with Vite in production: what changes

Module Federation started in Webpack, and for years that is where it stayed. It works on Vite now, through @module-federation/vite, and works well — but Vite's dev server and Vite's build are two different machines, and…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed MFEOrchestrator
JavaScript

A PDF that opens without a password can still be encrypted

I used to think "encrypted PDF" and "password-protected PDF" meant the same thing. Then I made a handful of test PDFs for a side project and ended up with a file that opened instantly in my browser, no prompt at all,…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed yue xing
JavaScript

One PDF said no printing or copying. Each reader obeyed differently

A PDF that opens without asking for anything can still be encrypted. I ran into it with a file I had made myself: a tool called it "encrypted" while every viewer I had opened it instantly. The file only had a permission…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed NullPointerZen
JavaScript

Detecting open passwords and permission locks in PDFs with pdf.js

A PDF that opens without asking for anything can still be encrypted. I ran into this while thinking about upload validation for document tools, so I generated seven two-page test PDFs filled with placeholder contract…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed hao jia
JavaScript

A PDF permission password is one integer, and the reader decides

A PDF can open with no password prompt and still be encrypted. I generated seven two-page placeholder PDFs to see where that contradiction lives, and it comes down to one signed integer in the encryption dictionary.…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Lank_M
JavaScript

A category filter should not reset an edited textarea

Imagine a page with two generated messages. You edit one, switch the category selector to hide it, and then switch back. The edited message should still be there. This goes wrong when the category handler calls the same…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Rowan Hale

41 items available