Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Topic - Edition

JavaScript

28 items on 08 Oct 2026
JavaScript React

Module Federation with Vite in production: what changes

Module Federation started in Webpack, and for years that is where it stayed. It works on Vite now, through @module-federation/vite, and works well — but Vite's dev server and Vite's build are two different machines, and…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed MFEOrchestrator
JavaScript

A PDF that opens without a password can still be encrypted

I used to think "encrypted PDF" and "password-protected PDF" meant the same thing. Then I made a handful of test PDFs for a side project and ended up with a file that opened instantly in my browser, no prompt at all,…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed yue xing
JavaScript

One PDF said no printing or copying. Each reader obeyed differently

A PDF that opens without asking for anything can still be encrypted. I ran into it with a file I had made myself: a tool called it "encrypted" while every viewer I had opened it instantly. The file only had a permission…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed NullPointerZen
JavaScript

Detecting open passwords and permission locks in PDFs with pdf.js

A PDF that opens without asking for anything can still be encrypted. I ran into this while thinking about upload validation for document tools, so I generated seven two-page test PDFs filled with placeholder contract…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed hao jia
JavaScript

A PDF permission password is one integer, and the reader decides

A PDF can open with no password prompt and still be encrypted. I generated seven two-page placeholder PDFs to see where that contradiction lives, and it comes down to one signed integer in the encryption dictionary.…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Lank_M
JavaScript

A category filter should not reset an edited textarea

Imagine a page with two generated messages. You edit one, switch the category selector to hide it, and then switch back. The edited message should still be there. This goes wrong when the category handler calls the same…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Rowan Hale
JavaScript AI

ai/ml

The Transformative Power of AI and Machine Learning Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are no longer futuristic concepts; they are integral components shaping our present and defining our future.…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Shivani Gupta
JavaScript

DOM in JavaScript?

DOM stands for Document Object Model. The DOM is a programming interface that allows JavaScript to access, change, add, or remove HTML elements on a webpage. HTML: Hello Click Me JavaScript: function changeText() {…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed SATHISHKUMAR R
AI Research AI JavaScript React

2d-fet-bench: from spatial reasoning to fet design on flakes

arXiv:2610.07423v1 Announce Type: new Abstract: Field-effect transistor (FET) layouts on exfoliated two-dimensional flakes are typically drawn by hand for each flake, placing contacts and gates to match its position and…

Source: arXiv cs.AI Dunzhi Zhou, Chengyu Zhu, Gang Qiu, Caiwen Ding

28 items available