Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · AI

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

09 Oct 2026 edition

947 articles · 18 sources · 926 papers ·

Top topics: AI · AI Research · Information Retrieval

Python AI Django

Quoting Matthew Green

Everyone is very concerned about being respectable, so I’m going to be the goofball who raises worst-case possibilities. I think there is a 1% chance we live in Minicrypt, and a 15% chance we functionally lose…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

A new feature for my blog, built using my voice

I shipped a new feature for my blog today: the Newsletters page, which offers an index of all of the newsletters I've sent out, both my free weekly Substack and my monthly sponsors-only updates. I built the feature…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

ttok 1.0

Release: ttok 1.0 I released ttok 0.4, ran uv tool upgrade ttok, piped a file into the new version... and realized that it was defaulting to the GPT-4 tokenizer when it should very clearly default to GPT-5/GPT-6…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
AI Research AI Python

Stop Using AI. Start Hiring It.

AI agents can now write more code than any of us can read. That changed how I think about AI. The post Stop Using AI. Start Hiring It. appeared first on Towards Data Science.

Source: Towards Data Science Gursimar Singh
AI

We’re putting too much faith in AI’s ability to say no

Ever since people first seriously contemplated giving machines an intelligence modeled on our own, there has never been any question that they would, like us, be able to say no. The sci-fi canon is full of stories of…

Source: MIT Technology Review AI Arthur Holland Michel

Showing 1 day · 947 items available