Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Rust

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

06 Oct 2026 edition

8 articles · 4 sources ·

Top topics: Rust · Go · General

Rust

Follow-up: tooling to detect failed devirtualization?

I've made a benchmark of the Rust overhead that can be caused by vtable calls. The reality, however, is that Rust can often do a good job of devirtualizing such calls. This benchmark shows an extreme scenario where…

Source: Rust Users Forum amid.ukr
Rust

Strategies for dyn trait objects with optional behavior?

I have a trait with optional behavior, and I'm trying to figure out how to use it behind a trait object. trait Trait { fn required_behavior(&self); fn optional_behavior(&self) where Self: Optional; } trait Optional:…

Source: Rust Users Forum rhansen
Rust

Array initialization post declaration

Hello, this is my first forum post. I've been reading through the rust book and trying to work on some basic implementations of linear algebra stuff in rust and came across this code that doesn't compile fn main() { let…

Source: Rust Users Forum beni-f90