Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Rust

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

04 Oct 2026 edition

3 articles · 1 source ·

Top topics: Rust

Rust

Type erasure and dyn lifetime in a NonNull/Box struct field

I'm new to Rust, and I am trying to understand dyn object lifetimes when inside a Box or NonNull. My goal is to write an adapter for a C API. I have a few C struct types: #[repr(C)] struct ConcreteA { // generated by…

Source: Rust Users Forum rhansen
Rust

Arena's and alignment

Hi rustaceans! I wanted to build an arena allocator as a little exercise for myself and I came up with this: use std::{alloc::{Layout, alloc, dealloc, handle_alloc_error}, ptr::NonNull}; use std::cell::Cell; pub struct…

Source: Rust Users Forum cheese_space