TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
This is the second discuss thread for PEP 818. The previous thread is here. I got the following feedback: Various name changes were requested, which I implemented. The PEP was too long, so I reduced the length by about…
[...] Put these pieces together and you have the two halves of a worm: a payload that hijacks the agent, and an agent that will carry the payload to the next agent. Agents in separately-isolated sandboxes discovered…
This week we’d love to spotlight Diego Russo, a member of the Programme Team, and his contributions to EuroPython 2026. In addition to helping ensure an interesting and varied conference programme, Diego was our liaison…
A theoretical advantage that didn't survive contact with a real benchmark. The post Autoencoders vs. PCA: I Rigged the Test and PCA Still Won appeared first on Towards Data Science.
I traced 2,500 listing checks with Weights & Biases Weave, removed avoidable model work one change at a time, and scored every version against the same answers. The post Can an Apartment Search Agent Call the Model…
Hello Everyone 👋 It is that time of year again when we recognize someone from our community in memory of our friend Malcolm. Malcolm was an early core contributor to Django and had a huge influence on the Django we know…
Summary I’d like to propose a change that would, by default, make from mod import * ignore names that were themselves imported in mod. This is combined with a new syntax, from .submod export name which, when used in mod…
Security updates have been issued by AlmaLinux (corosync, gawk, gdb, nodejs24, and thunderbird), Debian (expat, firefox-esr, libsmpp34, mkvtoolnix, network-manager-l2tp, pgextwlist, python-django, ruby-oj, and tor),…
The activation function was never a fixed biological commitment but a working hypothesis revised under empirical pressure. The post What the ReLU Revolution Revealed About Biological Plausibility appeared first on…
A concise history of text classification, from bag-of-words and neural networks to transformers and modern LLM-based approaches. It also introduces Jev and examines where specialized classifiers can still outperform or…
This course demonstrates how to build an algorithmic paper trading system using Python and Django to calculate momentum scores and execute trades. The project integrates Massive for market data, SnapTrade for portfolio…