TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
Software development is full of decisions. Where should a file live? How should a route be registered? Which configuration file connects a model to a database table? Where should API endpoints be defined? Which tools…
Turning a stack of images into a single PDF is one of those small tasks that comes up constantly: expense receipts, photographed whiteboards, scanned contracts, screenshots for a bug report. The usual answer is an…
When the AMM amendment activated on the XRP Ledger in 2024, the expectation was that liquidity would migrate into pools the way it did on every smart-contract chain before it. You do not have to speculate about whether…
Every major architectural shift in software engineering forces us to change how we model the world. When the relational database replaced hierarchical file storage, we stopped thinking in nested records and started…
If you have ever tried to build a tool that "reads" a product page — an Amazon listing, a Shopify storefront, an eBay item, an Etsy shop page — you already know the problem: every marketplace renders the same conceptual…
If you've ever shared a link on Instagram and later found out logins or checkout were silently broken for some users, the in-app browser is almost always the cause. Instagram and Facebook don't open your link in the…
How to exploit a vulnerability in a tiny search box to quietly expose an entire database. Introduction This writeup walks through a SQL injection in the product search feature. The search input gets dropped straight…
Quick heads up for the weekend. I am releasing Yatta JS on Sunday, October 4. It is a backend runtime for Bun that embeds the whole stack in your app process: relational DB, passkeys and MFA auth, storage, realtime…
Every food-tracking app wants the same things from me: calories, macros, a subscription, an account, a barcode-scanning onboarding flow. I'm a lifter. I don't care about any of that. I care about one number: did I hit…
I Wanted YouTube's Simplicity in VLC — So I Built My Own Media Player I use VLC because it plays almost everything. MKV. MP4. WebM. AVI. MOV. Multiple audio tracks. Subtitles. You name it. But there was one thing I kept…
When building React applications, we often create multiple components. These components need to communicate with each other and share data. Props are one of the most important concepts used for passing data between…
Git is fundamental to modern development, yet commands like git rebase, git merge, and git checkout remain abstract and confusing for beginners. Traditional explanations rely on static branch diagrams that fail to…
Live sports streaming platforms often suffer from cluttered interfaces, broken video players, and clunky navigation. As a developer, I wanted to build a lean, distraction-free web application that aggregates real-time…
I recently surprised someone by showing you can use any event besides the common click, submit and keydown events. The Stimulus docs list those seven default events and their shorthand equivalents. Enough for most…
A Stripe payment lands, and someone wants a PDF invoice that looks like your product: your logo, your brand color, your layout, saved where you keep records. Stripe already hosts its own invoice PDF (invoice_pdf on the…
Sentinel mr-report 0.2.0 URL adress: https://gitlab.com/jakubrojicek11/sentinel-mr-report/-/tree/v0.2.0?ref_type=tags Sentinel MR Report 0.2.0: Before AI Reviews Your Code, Ask What Changed Let's start with a…
This article examines the design and limitations of a browser-side image-to-PDF implementation, not an independent product benchmark. The code blocks are focused excerpts or adaptations, not a complete converter. A…
TL;DR Keep the official Sentry SDK. Change only dsn to your Epure project. Set traces, profiles, and replay sample rates to 0. Epure is exception-only. Throw one test error, expect ingest HTTP 202, then an Issues row.…
Shopify is leaving React Native, and the reason is not performance. is by Mustafa Ali, the same person who wrote in January 2025 that the future of React Native was bright. So this is not a team that got burned and left…
A quick guide to the wa.me URL format, URL-encoding pre-filled messages, and generating links in code. If you build landing pages, e-commerce sites, or small business tools, you'll eventually be asked: "Can we add a…