Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Rust

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

27 Sep 2026 edition

7 articles · 3 sources ·

Top topics: Rust · General

Rust

New keyword idea

(note this is my first new feature proposal feedback WOULD be appreciated) syntax $vis_quantifier wrapper $new_type_name wraps $type_it_wraps; purpose makes it easier to make a 'new type'. While this is a more basic…

Source: Rust Internals Forum cheese_space
Rust

Rust for enterprise grade systems?

One thing that I am genuinely interested in rust, If same thing that I can generally do in Java building enterprise grade system, I can do in Rust. Not a secrete Java and OOP become de-factor a standard for every…

Source: Rust Internals Forum amidukr
Rust

Rust for enterprise grade systems?

This is design that became de-facto standard for every enterprise solution. How would you design this in rust? language = java interface Collection { int size(); // Iterator does only one thing, iterate. // Question…

Source: Rust Users Forum amid.ukr
Rust

Attempting to store a function with parameters in a Some variant

I had it working without passing parameters but now I get an expected function pointer, found function item error. Code Snippet: Creating the menu and the function it's storing fn create_menu() -> Menu { let mut menu =…

Source: Rust Users Forum RichardGladman
Rust

Pre-RFC: Cromulent Copy Closure Captures

RFC posted: Cromulent `Copy` closure captures by Jules-Bertholet · Pull Request #4011 · rust-lang/rfcs · GitHub Characteristic cognomen: cromulent_copy_closure_captures Calendrical commencement: TBD CCC (Call Concerning…

Source: Rust Internals Forum Jules-Bertholet