Kākāpō Party
Tool: Kākāpō Party I presented a closing keynote for the WeAreDevelopers World Congress North America yesterday. As a STAR moment I decided to weave in references to the record breaking kākāpō breeding season we had in…
Daily edition · Languages
TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
62 articles · 12 sources · 2 papers ·
Top topics: JavaScript · Python · AI
Tool: Kākāpō Party I presented a closing keynote for the WeAreDevelopers World Congress North America yesterday. As a STAR moment I decided to weave in references to the record breaking kākāpō breeding season we had in…
I have a struct where, you can call a function to get a sender or receiver channel, and a spawn function, the spawn spawns a proxy so you when you ask for the receiver it will give you an unbounded receiver, only by…
Pre-RFC: Compile-time conditional branching on trait implementations I'd like to propose a way for generic Rust code to conditionally compile branches depending on whether a type implements a trait. The idea is…
let s = String::from("hello"); let tuple = (s, s.len()); // i am confused how ownership is moving b/w same vars i.e from first s to tuple s if all s are same ,how it's working??? 3 posts - 3 participants Read full topic
I currently have this struct in my code: /// auto flushes on drop struct Flusher<'a, W: AsyncWriteExt + Unpin>(&'a mut W); which I want to use to automatically flush my async file stream instead of manually calling…
I am trying to use phf to create a compile time made hashmap, but this requires that the generic type has a static lifetime. I need to compare against the output of this hashmap, but it isn't working because (in my…
I believe I've already found a workaround by just matching against the finite number of concrete types and passing the syn::type struct into the function manually, but it would be nice not to have to do that. I was…
You can now read the Python documentation online in German!
The following JEP is targeted to JDK 28: 539: Strict Field Initialization in the JVM (Preview)
react-grid-layout is great for single-grid drag & drop, but it doesn't support: Moving items between separate grid instances Nesting grids inside grids with independent layout state Here's how I extended it to handle…
i'm om yaduvanshi. i'm 18, an applied ai developer, and i built cloudline, a cookieless google analytics alternative. one script tag, under 2 KB, no cookies, no stored ips. what a pageview stores four things: page,…
Privacy-Preserving Client-Side Processing: Rethinking Where Web Applications Handle User Data Modern web applications have made it remarkably easy to upload a document, image, dataset, or other file and have a remote…
When working on Fake Linux Terminal and then Hacking Cafe, I've created an abstraction of a Linux process in the form of a web worker. Those executable scripts lived in Filesystem and needed an access to DOM (in my case…
I've been working on FreshDeploy, a small open-source tool for checking web deployments. It verifies deployed files, detects changes and provides an optional widget for monitoring. Here's a quick test where I modified a…
Let the browser console create the files At first, the browser console was only a debugging tool. I wrote the same create, read, update, and delete code several times. The console already knew about controllers,…
Every developer starts somewhere. This is the story of how I began learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, and the lessons I've learned along the way Introduction Technology has always fascinated me, especially websites and…
Authentication vs Authorization: Reaching an Admin Panel Without the Password TL;DR: The login worked the entire time. The button that led to the admin panel didn't render for my role, the route behind it still…
For a multi-location site, put one Organization node on the brand level, and one LocalBusiness node (or a more specific subtype) on each location page. Give every node a stable @id, link each location to the brand with…
When the AMM amendment activated on the XRP Ledger in 2024, the expectation was that liquidity would migrate into pools the way it did on every smart-contract chain before it. You do not have to speculate about whether…
Notifio checks rental portals for new listings, and several of the portals it checks will not show you anything useful until you are signed in. So the app needs your session on those sites. What it very deliberately…
Showing 1 day · 62 items available