Note on 24th September 2026
The more time I spend working with coding agents, the more convinced I am that they make software engineering even harder. We can do amazing things with them, but unlocking their full potential requires extraordinary…
Daily edition · Languages
TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
114 articles · 18 sources · 5 papers ·
Top topics: JavaScript · Python · Java
The more time I spend working with coding agents, the more convinced I am that they make software engineering even harder. We can do amazing things with them, but unlocking their full potential requires extraordinary…
Hi. I've tried xcode reinstalling, downgrading mac sdk to try and fix this cc linkage issue among other solutions online but none seem to work. error: linking with cc failed: exit status: 1 | = note: "cc"…
Release: commit-rewriter 0.2 Support for branches other than the default branch. Use uvx commit-rewriter --branch other to run against another branch. #3 Tags: git
Release: datasette 1.0a41 Alec Garcia added support for OpenTelemetry to Datasette in this release. I've also refactored all of Datasette's modal dialogs to a single Web Component, which is now documented for other…
tldr: Replaces the current generational-only cycle GC with a generational-incremental GC with lower overhead. Much faster: 3-5% speedup on pyperformance Shorter pause times: How much shorter depends on the application,…
A better explanation is here: Rotate super-imposed images over each other - #4 by canina I have to use async to rotate two images over each other translucently. When trying myself I assumed I needed a big function like.…
On behalf of the team and all contributors, I am pleased to announce that Spring Batch 6.1.0-M2 is available now from Maven Central! This second milestone brings a number of new features, enhancements and a few breaking…
On behalf of the team and everyone who has contributed, I am pleased to announce the release of Spring Security 7.2.0-M2. Please see the Spring Security 7.2.0-M2 release notes for more details. Project Page | GitHub |…
On behalf of the team and everyone who has contributed, I'm happy to announce that Spring Web Services 5.1.0-M1 has been released and is now available from Maven Central. This release includes 13 enhancements,…
On behalf of the community, I am pleased to announce that the Milestone 1 (M1) of the Spring Cloud 2026.0.0-M1 Release Train is available today. The release can be found in the Spring milestone repository. You can check…
Given how prevalent Java is on web servers throughout the internet, security in Java is of critical importance - there's the JDK itself, of course, but also the algorithms and features it offers to applications
There are 20,398 tokens issued on the XRP Ledger and only 1,653 of them traded today. A screener is how you tell those two groups apart. Here is a complete one. No dependencies, runs on any Node 18+. The whole thing…
This video (the script, the voice timings, the source code, the storyboard, the briefs the subagents got, the grade a reviewer gave an earlier draft) is the real artifact from making this video. Claude Opus 5.5 built it…
The Requirement: Cleaning Up Social Media Recipe Imports Recently, I faced a persistent issue with importing recipes from Facebook and Instagram. The problem was twofold: Facebook imports were cluttered with unwanted…
The invoice came to £2,442. The VAT line said £917,785. Nothing had crashed and nothing had logged an error. Every step of the code had done exactly what it was designed to do. The template wanted a VAT rate, the…
The scene is a quiet Friday deploy on a small API. An agent pull request adds one invoice route. The diff touches twelve lines and two tests. Staging passes those tests in under a minute. A shared cache can then mix two…
Haris16-code / KryonOS KryonOS is an ESP32 GUI operating system with a JavaScript runtime for apps. It provides a real touch-based interface and allows installing and running JS apps dynamically without reflashing…
Abstract Most conversational AI implementations in industry rely on naive Retrieval-Augmented Generation (RAG) or unconstrained agentic loops. While adequate for open-ended queries or low-stakes search, pure…
Master the Basics: The Ultimate JS Do’s and Don'ts for Beginners JavaScript is the engine of the modern web, turning static pages into interactive experiences. While learning the syntax is easy, becoming a good…
Showing 1 day · 114 items available