Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Languages

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

22 Sep 2026 edition

125 articles · 22 sources · 10 papers ·

Top topics: JavaScript · Python · AI

Rust

Error in installation dotenvy

Hello everyone when i try install dotenvy en me project, the cli appears this error. I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help me? ❯ cargo install dotenvy Updating crates.io index Installing dotenvy v0.15.7 Updating…

Source: Rust Users Forum proRust
Python AI Django

llm 0.36

Release: llm 0.36 New OpenAI models: gpt-6-sol for GPT-6 Sol and gpt-6-luna for GPT-6 Luna. #1702 Model plugins can now declare supports_conversation = False for models that only accept single-turn prompts. LLM raises…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Quoting @therealcornpop

Hey, you know it's like super obvious if you're using AI to write your scripts for TikTok and YouTube, right? [...] It's not just the general AI-isms of "it's not X, it's Y", or the rule of three, or the really weird…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

llm-anthropic 0.29

Release: llm-anthropic 0.29 Adds support for Claude Opus 5.5: llm -m claude-opus-5.5 "prompt goes here" Tags: llm, anthropic

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Rust

Help me XY: How can I call pthread_kill without TOCTOU risk

I really hope this can be XY-ed into something else (as that will likely also provide options for better UX in the future). I need to kill some background threads that I spawned. I don't want to risk TOCTOU between…

Source: Rust Users Forum MusicalNinjaDad
Python AI Django

llm-typesafe 0.1a0

Release: llm-typesafe 0.1a0 I built this new plugin for LLM to add support for TypeSafe AI's new Jev model. Install it like this: llm install llm-typesafe Then set an API key (get one here, the waitlist seems to move…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Rust

Redis Pooling With Fred

Hello! I have more of an architectural question but more in the context of rust. I have been using fred.rs and I noticed that it has pool support which is very different from the redis client prefers to offer…

Source: Rust Users Forum HereForRedisQuestion
Python

PEP 849: More Expressive Type Expressions

I’m excited to present PEP 849, which adds some new background capabilities to the way type annotations are processed in order to let us use arbitrary expressions while maintaining runtime introspection. Currently, you…

Source: Python PEPs Imogen
Rust

Sharing textures between iced (wgpu) and Vulkano

Hi all. I'm starting on a Vulkan-compute heavy project and am using Vulkano for my work. However, I want to be able to display the results of this work in a widget inside a UI, and want to use Iced, as I enjoy using it.…

Source: Rust Users Forum laperp0
Rust

Image does not fill window correctly, when rotating

It should show the images not being stretched out, I am unsure why this happens. This is specifically only about mode 3 main.rs (click for more details) lib.rs (click for more details) 11 posts - 4 participants Read…

Source: Rust Users Forum canina
Rust

Deleted help post

(topic deleted by author) 1 post - 1 participant Read full topic

Source: Rust Users Forum canina
Rust

Shadows in wgpu

How does one get started on learning how to implement shadows into their game engine using wgpu? 8 posts - 4 participants Read full topic

Source: Rust Users Forum LordVagous
Java

This Week in Spring - September 22nd, 2026

Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! How're you? What're you building these days? I'm sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee and a mooncake. I had a customer call at 6 am this morning.…

Source: Spring Blog joshlong
Java

Helidon 27 Released

The Helidon team is pleased to announce Helidon 27, the first release under the Tip-and-Tail model used by OpenJDK.

Source: Inside Java Ali Mukadam (Helidon)

Showing 1 day · 125 items available