TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
Last week TypeSafe AI unveiled Jev, their first example of a new category of model that they are calling "System One models" (I'm with Maggie Appleton, I think "decision models" is a better name for these). Jev is an…
Building on the ideas from PEP 505 and after many discussions over the years, I’m happy to present PEP 824: None-coalescing operators. Please be sure to also check out the discussion for the companion PEP 823. Abstract…
Building on the ideas from PEP 505 and after many discussions over the years, I’m happy to present PEP 823: None-aware access operators. Please be sure to also check out the discussion for the companion PEP 824.…
Cloudflare Python Workers are now generally available After a two year preview, Cloudflare's support for running Python code in their server-side Workers platform is now stable: "Python is now a first-class, fully…
Title: Alternative type-first annotation syntax: type: name = value Body: Summary I’d like to propose an alternative syntax for variable type annotations where the type precedes the variable name, as an optional…
I started writing this blog in 2004 and, every year I published at least one post until 2022. So four years of not writing about Python ... and, actually, four years of (essentially) not writing any code. It is time for…
Building a wrapper around an AI API is easy. Building an "Agentic UI" where the AI actually controls the interface is much harder. Recently, I built a full-stack Music Recommendation Engine (FastAPI + React). Instead of…
Exploring TypeSafe's Jev and comparing it with OpenAI on intent classification The post A New Kind of Model for AI Decision-Making? appeared first on Towards Data Science.
Why this matters less for what Astra can do and more for what every other model hasn't been tested for The post GPT-6 Astra Just Hit OpenAI's Highest Cybersecurity Risk Level appeared first on Towards Data Science.
How to put a dollar value on your organization's operational data The post Google Offered $10M for a Dying Airline's Data. How Can You Value Yours? appeared first on Towards Data Science.
Five scikit-learn defaults that deserve a closer look before your next model reaches production The post Your AI Assistant Wrote the Code. Who Checked the Defaults? appeared first on Towards Data Science.