Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Java

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

17 Sep 2026 edition

63 articles · 6 sources ·

Top topics: Java

Java

Why We Need Architecture and Design in Agentic Development

Without architecture and design, the agent decides everything per feature: where the code goes, how it talks to the rest of the system, which operations to expose, and what the data looks like. Architecture removes…

Source: Adam Bien Blog
Java

A Bootiful Podcast: Spring Tools lead Martin Lippert

Hi, Spring fans! In this conversation, Spring Tools lead Martin Lippert joins us for a fascinating look at how developer tooling has evolved from Eclipse to VS Code and beyond. We dig into the architecture behind Spring…

Source: Spring Blog joshlong
Java

Mark Reinhold’s announcement

lists nine JEPs, the fewest since JDK 20 shipped seven. JDK 26 had ten and JDK 25 had eighteen.

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

JDK-8364182

What shipped on September 15, and why JEP 528 was already off the train when I told you it was on

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

replied

What shipped on September 15, and why JEP 528 was already off the train when I told you it was on

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

OpenJDK release notes

What shipped on September 15, and why JEP 528 was already off the train when I told you it was on

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

JEP 502

What shipped on September 15, and why JEP 528 was already off the train when I told you it was on

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

on May 8

: “I can imagine that it is going to be very easy to break this because new code may need a revival check and do something special. I can also see these revival checks spreading across the code as you support more…

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

JEP 248

), that is, anything with at least 2 hardware threads and roughly 2 GB of RAM. Below that threshold (single CPU, less than ~1792 MB), HotSpot silently fell back to Serial GC, because back in 2017 Serial genuinely had…

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

JEP 527

brings post-quantum cryptography into the TLS handshake itself, and, crucially, it does so by default, with zero code changes on your side.

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

JDK-8372526

What shipped on September 15, and why JEP 528 was already off the train when I told you it was on

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

JEP 452

What shipped on September 15, and why JEP 528 was already off the train when I told you it was on

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

JEP 531

, JDK 25), then LazyConstant (, JDK 26), and now for round three.

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

press release

What shipped on September 15, and why JEP 528 was already off the train when I told you it was on

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

his August 6 mail

I wrote about the move to monthly security updates and how it pushed the first JDK 27 release candidate from August 6 to August 20. In , Reinhold explained why a feedback window shorter by two weeks was acceptable:…

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

JEP 522

What shipped on September 15, and why JEP 528 was already off the train when I told you it was on

Source: JVM Weekly
Java

JDK-8379665

), and JDK 27 has already made them obsolete (): the JVM prints “Ignoring option AlwaysActAsServerClassMachine; support was removed in 27.0” and starts anyway. If one of them sits in a Dockerfile from 2019, you get a…

Source: JVM Weekly

Showing 1 day · 63 items available