Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · PostgreSQL

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

16 Sep 2026 edition

10 articles · 6 sources ·

Top topics: PostgreSQL · JavaScript · Web

PostgreSQL

pgAssistant 3.8.0 : continuous improvement loop for Postgres

With this release, pgAssistant is evolving beyond PostgreSQL analysis and tuning to become a continuous PostgreSQL improvement platform. The new positioning is built around a continuous improvement loop: Observe →…

Source: PostgreSQL News
PostgreSQL

Joshua Drake: PostgreSQL 19: Sept 08 - Sept 16, 2026

Version 19: 71 commits on REL_19_STABLE. Version 20: 46 commits on master. Reverted out of 19: 74 commits, in 6 reverts. Six features tracked, 2 still shipping. Window closed at d8408e8d682.Summary71 commits landed on…

Source: Planet PostgreSQL
JavaScript PostgreSQL

I built Rumo, a self-hosted video meeting platform

I wanted a video meeting platform that I could actually run myself. So I built Rumo. Rumo is a self-hosted video meeting platform where people can join a room through a link without creating an account. It uses WebRTC…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Brahmjot Singh
PostgreSQL

Florent Jardin: Inspecting a catalog with pg_migrate

Over the past few years, I have been working on assessing the strengths and weaknesses of PostgreSQL migration tools. Several articles published by yours truly led to the ambitious project I have been pursuing since…

Source: Planet PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL

Tom Lane on threads, MVCC and 30 years of Postgres

#​665 — September 16, 2026 Web Version Postgres Weekly Tom Lane on 30 Years of Postgres Architecture — The hugely prolific Postgres core team member (who also co-wrote the original PNG spec!) tackles a lot here,…

Source: PostgreSQL Weekly

When CSS could run JavaScript

🚀 Frontend Focus #​758 — September 16, 2026 | Read on the web CSS Curiosities of the Past — A wonderful tour of the non-standard CSS quirks developers used to make browsers behave, especially Internet Explorer. Covers…

Source: Frontend Focus