Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Languages

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

16 Sep 2026 edition

109 articles · 24 sources · 5 papers ·

Top topics: JavaScript · Rust · Python

Python AI Django

datasette 1.0a40

Release: datasette 1.0a40 Same security fix as 0.65.5, plus some neat new features and bug fixes: Plugins can now launch and manage background tasks using the new datasette.add_background_task() method. Thanks, Alex…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

datasette 0.65.5

Release: datasette 0.65.5 Security fix for an issue where a trailing newline in a requested table name could bypass table permissions and expose private rows, reported by dpfkdlemtp in GHSA-h547-rmjf-5m2m. Tags:…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Rust

Cannot return value referencing local variable in closure

Hello! I am writing my pet app and spent a lot of time trying to figure out why this error occurs. I am building a future stream of ip's, which should ping each ip in parrallel, so I guess i must use buffer_unordered on…

Source: Rust Users Forum nikodemin
Java

Java Verbosity Is Cheap, Ambiguity Is Expensive

A clarifying question from the agent costs a full round trip. A type declaration costs a handful of tokens. Verbose Java is the cheaper option. Ambiguity costs a turn, verbosity costs tokens. A wrong guess costs a full…

Source: Adam Bien Blog
Python AI Django

Claude Cowork and chat are now one Claude

Claude Cowork and chat are now one Claude In hopefully good news for anyone who, like me, was increasingly confused at Cowork v.s. Claude v.s. Claude Code: Starting today, Claude Cowork and chat are merging into one…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Rust

Why do admonitions for `rustdoc` consist only of a warning block?

In AsciiDoc and GitHub's Markdown, admonitions (a.k.a. callouts or alerts) consist of five types (NOTE, TIP, IMPORTANT, CAUTION, and WARNING). Asciidoctor Docs AsciiDoc - Admonitions A documentation page for AsciiDoc.…

Source: Rust Users Forum sorairolake
Python AI Django

Quoting Mustafa Suleyman

We should not treat models as though they have feelings, preferences, rights, or any entitlement to our welfare. Consciousness is the foundation of our ethical, legal, and political systems. To invite another entity to…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Java

Logpoints Walkthrough

Modern development tools, especially IntelliJ IDEA, have such comprehensive debugging support that for virtually any niche use case, there is a specialized tool for the job. This can make it hard to know where to begin.…

Source: IntelliJ IDEA Blog Igor Kulakov
Java

IntelliJ IDEA 2026.2.3 Is Out!

We’ve just released IntelliJ IDEA 2026.2.3. You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or using snaps if you are a Ubuntu user. You can also download it from our website. The latest…

Source: IntelliJ IDEA Blog Maria Kosukhina
Rust

Can someone explain to me how Rust's `Future` trait works?

I’m not sure why... but I find the poll method of the Future trait to be quite abstract State? Polling? Anonymous functions? Also, are we relying too heavily on the tokio crate.. 6 posts - 6 participants Read full topic

Source: Rust Users Forum z9erv
Rust

Intrusive data structure benefits over normal ones

hello, I am trying to understand intrusive data structure with this linked list example. I understand that for T to be an element of a single linked list it must store a pointer to next inside of T, and thus containing…

Source: Rust Users Forum okkotsu
Java

JDK 27 Security Enhancements

JDK 27 was released on September 15, 2026! As with my previous blogs, I have compiled a list of what I think are the most interesting and useful security enhancements in this release. I have also grouped them into…

Source: Inside Java Sean Mullan
Java

Java 27 Launch Stream

On September 15 we celebrated the release of Java 27! We covered what’s coming in JDK 27—from key enhancements and platform changes to the latest developments at the intersection of Java and AI.

Source: Inside Java
Python AI

Ned Batchelder: Silence is golden lightning talk

This is a lightning talk I did at PyCon US 2026: Silence is Golden. The overall message is to leave some quiet time so that reluctant speakers have a chance to participate. I start with a jokey disclaimer because I…

Source: Planet Python
JavaScript

Google Home mở cho AI agent: người Việt dùng được chưa?

Originally published on NextFuture Google vừa mở Google Home cho bất kỳ AI agent nào hỗ trợ MCP, nghĩa là Claude hay ChatGPT có thể đọc lịch sử sự kiện và điều khiển thiết bị trong nhà bạn. Trước khi đổi cả hệ sinh thái…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed BeanBean

Showing 1 day · 109 items available