The contagion of fear
The contagion of fear Bryan Cantrill responds to the tweet by former Anthropic employee Jacob Coxon confirming that many Anthropic researchers believe AI "could kill us all by the end of the decade". Bryan shares a…
Daily edition · Frameworks
TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
12 articles · 4 sources · 2 papers ·
Top topics: JavaScript · React · AI
The contagion of fear Bryan Cantrill responds to the tweet by former Anthropic employee Jacob Coxon confirming that many Anthropic researchers believe AI "could kill us all by the end of the decade". Bryan shares a…
My comment on What blog posts influenced your thinking the most? — Lobste.rs. An early Joel Spolsky one for me was The Law of Leaky Abstractions. I read that near the start of my career and it's encouraged me to always…
The cost of writing code collapsed, and the cost of reviewing, fixing and operating it is following, and I'm assuming it gets there. What's left of making software is finding out what people actually want, defining it…
Release: commit-rewriter 0.1 I built this little web app the other day to help edit the commit messages for the Datasette security releases. The initial commits were full of coding agent cruft and references to issue…
JavaScript production errors happen inside minified React and Next.js bundles, so a media team's AI agent can report latency and cost perfectly while its control room shows only an unreadable app.js:1:48392 stack. Those…
If you are working on a React application, images are usually one of the first things I look at when trying to improve page performance. A large JPEG or PNG image can easily be hundreds of KB or even a few MB. If a page…
Hello, DEV Community! 👋 This is my first post here, so I thought I'd start by introducing myself. I'm currently learning Web Development and exploring technologies like JavaScript, React, and Node.js. I'm also working…
Have you ever loaded a SaaS app and seen an announcement banner flicker in 500ms after the page loads, shifting the entire layout down by 60px? That Layout Shift (CLS) destroys user experience and SEO rankings. Here is…
The Fragility of the Cloud-First Paradigm Modern web development has converged around a standard architectural model: the Cloud-First Single Page Application (SPA). The React frontend acts as a thin, dumb presentation…
A few weeks ago, I was working on a side project. Nothing fancy — just a small dashboard with a form, a list, and a few buttons. The kind of thing that should take an afternoon. But I caught myself opening npm install…
arXiv:2609.11951v1 Announce Type: new Abstract: Long-term memory enables personalized agents, but its value depends on retrieving the right evidence at the right time. Most memory systems use static top-k retrieval:…
arXiv:2609.13005v1 Announce Type: new Abstract: Large language models (LLMs) have achieved strong performance on a wide range of natural language tasks, and recent benchmarks suggest that they are increasingly adept at…