TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
Part 1 showed how row lock contention degrades Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL throughput. In Part 2, use Amazon CloudWatch Database Insights and its Lock Tree to pinpoint blocking sessions, then resolve contention with query…
Row lock contention can collapse database throughput during a flash sale even when CPU and I/O look healthy. In Part 1 of this series, learn how PostgreSQL row locking works and how to monitor lock contention in Amazon…
Designing Resilient Backend APIs with Node.js & Express Node.js is renowned for its non-blocking event-driven I/O model, making it an ideal choice for high-concurrency microservices and REST APIs. However, without…
Postgres can serve as the durable state store and coordination layer for workflows, eliminating the need for an external orchestrator. SKIP LOCKED enables concurrent work processing, primary-key checkpoints enforce…
On 8 September 2026, PGDay UK 2026 was held in London. Organized by: Chris Ellis Dave Page Devrim Gunduz Program Committee: Alastair Turner (chair, non-voting) Celeste Horgan Greg Clough Sastry Karamcheti Code of…
On October 1, I’ll be speaking at PG Summit 2026 about benchmarking hardware with Postgres. I’m looking forward to sharing some tips and learnings that I’ve picked up over the years. In anticipation of the presentation,…
max_identifier_length reports a number, 63, and the number is the least interesting thing about it. Every relational database caps the length of a name. What is unusual about PostgreSQL is what happens when you go over:…