Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Rust

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

12 Sep 2026 edition

5 articles · 3 sources ·

Top topics: Rust · AI · General

Rust

Shell command does not execute and I'm losing my mind

I've been writing a simple shutdown utility in Rust to gracefully close all open apps before running a final command and exiting: https://github.com/dastarruer/gtkshutdown. This final command is provided by the user.…

Source: Rust Users Forum dastarruer
Rust

Safe unions and error types

Currently there's some workarounds to deal with multiple error types other than creating a sum type, like dyn or anyhow. The idea here is to make the compiler generate this sum type and allow transparent construction…

Source: Rust Internals Forum alrz
Rust AI

Compiling V8 (d8 shell) to WASM

I've been trying to compile V8 to WASM, including a patch that provides binary I/O capabilities. So far I've been using the free Google Gemini on the Web to try to get the correct formula. 61 attempts so far. Build V8…

Source: Rust Users Forum guest271314
Rust

Understanding precise capture syntax and constraints

Hello , I'm trying to understand the new precise capture syntax. To my understanding it has been introduced to opt-out of the new all parameter capture behaviour - the new default with Edition 2024. When playing around…

Source: Rust Users Forum Sebi2020