.blend URL Viewer
Tool: .blend URL Viewer I'm continuing to have a lot of fun with GPT-6 Astra and Blender (see my TIL). As a big fan of the Imperial Fabergé Easter eggs, I've always thought it would be fun to make some new ones that…
Daily edition · Python
TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
18 articles · 6 sources · 4 papers ·
Top topics: Python · AI · AI Research
Tool: .blend URL Viewer I'm continuing to have a lot of fun with GPT-6 Astra and Blender (see my TIL). As a big fan of the Imperial Fabergé Easter eggs, I've always thought it would be fun to make some new ones that…
I wrote recently about how the collection of good, fruitful open problems is now being mined in a non-renewable fashion, leading to the potential scenario of these problems becoming scarce. [...] We have now seen that…
Would an @overload-related fallback decorator that catches everything not assignable to an existing overload be feasible? For example, consider the following: from typing import overload @overload def spam(ham: int) ->…
A practical guide to building, testing, and documenting SQL transformations The post Getting started with dbt appeared first on Towards Data Science.
I’d like to discuss the proposed feature in CPython issue #72165: adding an optional timeout parameter to concurrent.futures.Executor.shutdown(). Currently, when Executor.shutdown() is called with wait=True (the…
Understanding permutation symmetry in deep learning, and what it means for weight averaging and model merging The post The Symmetry That Breaks Neural Network Averaging appeared first on Towards Data Science.
Choose a Python development environment that helps you get coding. Find tutorials and courses on editors, uv, virtual environments, and useful tools.
Learn how Python 3.15 lazy imports work, how deferring heavy modules cuts your app's startup time, and which imports still have to stay eager.
How we split a tightly coupled Python pipeline into independently deployable services The post When One Process Becomes Too Much: Splitting a Pipeline into MCP Services appeared first on Towards Data Science.
Test your understanding of Python 3.15 lazy imports, from the lazy keyword and __lazy_modules__ to the imports that have to stay eager.
Test your grasp of Python IDLE. Run code in the shell, edit and run files, debug with breakpoints, and make the editor look the way you like.
Statistical thinking beyond formulas The post 10 Statistical Traps We Often Overlook appeared first on Towards Data Science.
I'm using a threaded runner to stream a live video feed by converting a NumPy array to a QImage, then to a QPixmap, and displaying it on a QLabel. But I'm frequently encountering crashes when the label is resized too…
I'm using QThreadPool and worker threads in my PyQt application. When I click the X button to close the window, the threads keep running in the background. What's the best way to clean everything up on application exit?…
A reader asked: I just want to know, how do I check whether a QLineEdit is empty or not? The QLineEdit class doesn't have an isEmpty() method which you can call to find out if the line edit is empty, but we don't need…
Part of the Nifty Django features series: Django’s Q() objects allow you to some fancy filtering!
The previous post traced the shop with three bindings and a sink, all applied from the program's own entry point. That is fine when the program is yours. It is less fine when the application is one you inherited and…
This came out of a coaching project: a FastAPI service backing a geotechnical database. We use Azure Entra ID for authentication, but we needed role-based access control (RBAC) granularly per endpoint and across…