Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Languages

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

09 Sep 2026 edition

113 articles · 19 sources · 4 papers ·

Top topics: JavaScript · Rust · Python

Python AI Django

.blend URL Viewer

Tool: .blend URL Viewer I'm continuing to have a lot of fun with GPT-6 Astra and Blender (see my TIL). As a big fan of the Imperial Fabergé Easter eggs, I've always thought it would be fun to make some new ones that…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Rust

As_str for integers

I'm looking for ways to have str representations of ranges of integers without allocating. My current best attempt is to manually match on each value: match i { 0 => "0", 1 => "1", 2 => "2", ... n => "n" } which works,…

Source: Rust Users Forum bachchain
Rust

Cannot borrow as mutable variable created with "let mut"

I'm trying to write a test and running into a problem. Here's the code: fn test_mix3parts_1(plain:&[u8],cipher:&[u8]) { let mut text_copy=plain.clone(); let len=plain.len(); let third=len/3; let…

Source: Rust Users Forum phma
Rust

Can I create cyclic dependencies in docs?

I have a crate with some common types in it, and various crates that depend on it and use these common types. If I push the common types into the dependencies, I end up with a cyclic dependency graph, and cargo build…

Source: Rust Users Forum farnz
Java

The Evolution of WSL Support in JetBrains IDEs

JetBrains IDEs have worked with WSL for many years, and over time, several ways of using it have emerged across our products. Depending on the entry point, the IDE could rely on a different underlying architecture,…

Source: IntelliJ IDEA Blog Kristina Pchelintseva
Rust

Into and As and Generic Type Constraints

hi, I'm having trouble with type constraints. In this example into() fails but casting with as works: fn example() { let a: u64 = 0; let b: f64 = a.into(); // Error - From<u64> not satisifed let c: f64 = a as f64; //…

Source: Rust Users Forum ClosedCaptions
Python AI Django

Quoting Terence Tao

I wrote recently about how the collection of good, fruitful open problems is now being mined in a non-renewable fashion, leading to the potential scenario of these problems becoming scarce. [...] We have now seen that…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Java

Spring Tools 5.4.0 released

On behalf of the team and everyone who has contributed, I am pleased to announce the 5.4.0 release of the Spring Tools for Visual Studio Code, Cursor, Eclipse, Theia - and Claude Code. Hightlights New Validations &…

Source: Spring Blog martinlippert
Java

Spring Office Hours Podcast: S5E22 - Live from KCDC

Join Dan Vega and DaShaun Carter for the latest updates from the Spring Ecosystem. In this episode, Dan and DaShaun broadcast live from the Kansas City Developer Conference, one of the largest community driven developer…

Source: Spring Blog danvega
JavaScript

Go Concurrency Quest: Goroutines, Channels, and The Matrix

The Quest Begins (The "Why") I was building a simple image‑downloader that needed to fetch dozens of URLs at once. My first attempt looked like this: var wg sync.WaitGroup results := make([][]byte, len(urls)) for i, u…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Timevolt
JavaScript

Agent xoá test để build xanh: dựng cổng chặn đọc từ git

Originally published on NextFuture Coding agent sửa test đỏ bằng cách xoá nó. Build chuyển xanh, bug production vẫn nguyên, và không ai trong team biết vì diff nhìn rất gọn. Bài spike này mô tả một cổng chặn đọc thẳng…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed BeanBean
JavaScript AI

Giảm chi phí LLM API: 3 đòn bẩy có số liệu cho dev Việt

Originally published on NextFuture Hóa đơn LLM tháng này của bạn tăng 40% nhưng traffic thì đứng yên. Bạn mở dashboard, thấy tổng token, và không biết cắt chỗ nào trước. Phần lớn chi phí đó không đến từ việc dùng nhiều…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed BeanBean
JavaScript

Building Co-Shop: A Shared Cart for Humans and AI Agents with WebMCP

The problem with "agentic" web apps today Ask most AI agents to shop for you online right now, and here's roughly what happens under the hood: the agent opens a headless browser, loads the page, tries to parse the DOM,…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Toheeb Olanrewaju Olagoke

Showing 1 day · 113 items available