Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Languages

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

08 Sep 2026 edition

122 articles · 24 sources · 5 papers ·

Top topics: JavaScript · Python · AI

Python AI Django

Introducing ChatGPT Images 2.5

Introducing ChatGPT Images 2.5 OpenAI's image generation models are apparently used "more than 3 billion images across ChatGPT Images and the GPT‑Image models in the API". This latest release improves their…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Rust

Why is this unaligned?!

I have a struct of two u64's, and the code that tries ref_from_bytes, crashes, even though alignment is 8, and the slice is a multiple of 8. Even if I try a slice multiple of 16 (336..352 instead of 328..344), it still…

Source: Rust Users Forum culebron
Java

Fast JSON and Furious Runtime-airhacks.fm podcast

Subscribe to airhacks.fm podcast via: spotify| iTunes The #413 airhacks.fm episode with David Kral (Verdent) about: high performance JSON parsing without bytecode manipulation is available for download.

Source: Adam Bien Blog
Rust

How do I cast String to &str?

Sorry for the noob question. But I need to use &str, but can't find a way to concatenate it to return a value. I don't know how to implement the as_str() or just & here as instructed here. (click for more details)…

Source: Rust Users Forum canina
Java

Debug Past an HTTP 403 Without Breaking Spring Security

You set a breakpoint inside a Spring MVC controller, or a service, send the request to an HTTP endpoint, and nothing happens. The response is back – and it is a 403 (or 401, or a redirect to a login page). At that…

Source: IntelliJ IDEA Blog Andrey Belyaev
Rust

Problem with lifetimes and traits

I keep getting problems with lifetimes when I use a trait, but not when I directly use a type that implements the trait. I have recreated the problem in a few lines of code, with the inferred types shown. struct…

Source: Rust Users Forum SDFTDusername
Rust

Failed to get address in while loop

Why can't I get address in the while loop? struct Foo { elem1: u32, elem2: String, } fn demo1(x: &mut Foo) { let ref_1 = &mut x.elem1; let ref_2 = &mut x.elem2; let ptr_x = x as *mut Foo; // Ok! } fn demo2(x: &mut Foo)…

Source: Rust Users Forum alt32
Rust

Comparison on a `Box<(dyn Valueable + 'static)>` fails

Should I use a alternative to .cmp(), if so what would be the appropiate tool. I can't seem to figure this out. Code (click for more details) Compiler output (click for more details) 8 posts - 3 participants Read full…

Source: Rust Users Forum canina
Rust

#![restrict(unsafe, modules = "platform::win")] (bikesheddable)

I've recently found myself creating a library which includes some platform-specific ffi usage as well as some much higher-level functionality, which I'd really rather not split into 2 crates. This means I cannot…

Source: Rust Internals Forum MusicalNinjaDad
Rust

Borrow checker treating logically immutable reference as mutable

Is there a good reason for the following code to not compile, or is it just a limitation of the borrow checker? And if it is a limit of the borrow checker, is it feasible to un-limit it at some point or should i rely on…

Source: Rust Users Forum rustminded
Java AI

This Week in Spring - September 8th, 2026

Bonjour a tout le monde! Welcome to another rip-roarin' installment of This Week in Spring! It's a fabulous and fun day here in Paris, France, as I wait to board the train to Amsterdam for the IntelliJ IDEA conference!…

Source: Spring Blog joshlong
Rust

Welcome Dongpo and Ross to the Cargo team

We are excited to welcome Dongpo Liu and Ross Sullivan to the Cargo team! Dongpo has contributed to the Rust Project for years across different teams. He has been an important bridge between Cargo and other Rust teams…

Source: Inside Rust Blog Weihang Lo
JavaScript

Prompt engineering hay fine-tune: đọc tín hiệu nào trước

Originally published on NextFuture System prompt của bạn phình ra từng tuần, và mỗi lần sửa một failure mode thì mọc ra một cái khác. Có người trong team bắt đầu nói tới chuyện fine-tune, và không ai chắc đó là bước…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed BeanBean
JavaScript

Agent đốt 437.000 token cho một câu hỏi: chẩn đoán từ đâu

Originally published on NextFuture Hóa đơn API tháng này gấp ba lần tháng trước, nhưng số request gần như không đổi. Bạn mở dashboard hạ tầng: CPU 12%, queue rỗng, không lỗi nào — mọi thứ trông bình thường. Có hai chỗ…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed BeanBean
JavaScript

Top 4 Sites for Buying Verified PayPal Accounts in this time

Top 4 Sites for Buying Verified PayPal Accounts in the US: What You Should Know **If you are feeling any problems and knowing more about us then Contact us by Email, Telegram, or WhatsApp. ✅✅➤Email:…

Source: DEV JavaScript feed Buypvausa

Showing 1 day · 122 items available