Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Django

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

07 Sep 2026 edition

6 articles · 2 sources ·

Top topics: Python · Django · AI

Python AI Django

llm 0.35

Release: llm 0.35 New OpenAI model: gpt-6-astra for GPT-6 Astra. Tags: openai, llm, gpt-6-astra

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Creepy crawlies

Creepy crawlies Konstantin Ryabitsev discusses how bad the "background radiation" of abusive crawlers has become from the perspective of git.kernel.org, the official Git repository for the Linux kernel: TL;DR: we spend…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Quoting Jakub Pachocki

The strongest argument I see for continuing to train much smarter models quickly is the need to build defensive systems against the dangers posed by other AI. [...] We will need powerful, aligned AI for defense; to…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Video compressor

Tool: Video compressor I recorded a short demo video of my Equal Earth animation on my phone and wanted to publish an optimized version of that video (using FFMPEG) on my blog, so I had Claude Fable 5.1 in Claude Code…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Mercator ↔ Equal Earth

Tool: Mercator ↔ Equal Earth I got curious about the Equal Earth map projection that was recently voted on at the UN so I had GPT-6 Astra (medium) in ChatGPT Work build me this animated transition between Mercator and…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog