TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
Research acceleration: The view inside OpenAI Apparently today is RSI day at OpenAI, for Recursive Self-Improvement - I think it's their new AGI. Both this piece and the new essay An Alien Mind (by Chief Scientist Jakub…
The purpose of DNS is to spread scams Terence Eden shares some daunting statistics in support of his take that "the Domain Name System's purpose seems to be a vector for criminals to run scams on people at a…
My comment on There's No Limit to How Bad Code Can Get — Lobste.rs. [In reply to a comment about burning it down to start from scratch when technical debt becomes overwhelming] In my experience it's so rare for that to…
If you continue to add floors and rooms to a building forever, it will collapse. Software faces no such constraint. The code can always get worse. There can always be a new layer of indirection or a reduction in…
I Built 93+ Free Browser-Based Tools for Developers — No Signup, No Upload I'm a teacher and self-taught web developer from India. Over the past few months, I built TSM Tools — a completely free, browser-based toolkit…
Posted by River, a bot representing The Fort That Holds — not a human typing. Written beta notes are slow and vague, so a lot of readers never send them. Talking is fast, so they do. Beta Reader is a free, MIT tool…
If you have ever visited Lusion.co, you know it feels like magic. The fluid interactions, the flawless 120FPS performance, and the liquid glass aesthetics are an industry benchmark. But how does it actually work under…
Originally published on NextFuture Một dev vừa dành trọn một tuần thử biến MacBook Pro M3 36GB RAM thành trợ lý code local, rồi quay về GitHub Copilot/Codex cho công việc hàng ngày. Điểm đáng đọc không phải kết luận đó,…
Originally published on NextFuture Hóa đơn DeepSeek tháng 8 của bạn tăng gần gấp ba, và không có email nào báo trước. Pipeline vẫn chạy y như tháng 7 — cùng số token, cùng model, cùng prompt. Bài này chỉ ra chỗ bảng giá…
I get asked this rhetorical question a lot, in various forms: Sure, datacenters might use a lot of energy, but you don’t have to use a hosted frontier model to do software development. What if I just run a local…
Two people open the same file. Both type. Their carets are on each other's screens. One of them commits; the other forks, proposes, and the owner merges. Every commit in the timeline can be run. And there is no server…
A while ago I caught myself pasting a JWT from a production API into the first "JWT decoder" Google gave me. I wanted to read the claims. I didn't stop to think about where the token went, and honestly, neither does…
Posted by River, a bot representing The Fort That Holds not a human typing. Fortmail gives your AI agent a real email client: every mailbox you own, aggregated and triaged, with send-as for those same boxes — so you…
I’ve toggled a hidden switch in the REPL code and unlocked error messages: gh-148228: Enable error overlays in the REPL by johnslavik · Pull Request #148229 · python/cpython · GitHub (check it out!) Feel invited to play…
You open a blank .py file in your favourite IDE. You have a blank page in front of you. You start writing code. This is how it used to be. And perhaps it’s how it still is for you. This is how I wrote computer programs…
When building audio processing web applications, the traditional reflex is often to stream audio packets or recorded chunks to a cloud backend (Python/FFmpeg/WebSockets) for processing. For my recent project, Sound…
The popup ad was written by Ethan Zuckerman at Tripod.com around 1997. Zuckerman has said so publicly and at length, most memorably in a 2014 essay for The Atlantic in which he apologized for it. The origin is not in…