Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Django

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

21 Aug 2026 edition

6 articles · 3 sources ·

Top topics: Python · Django · AI

Python AI Django

llm 0.32.1

Release: llm 0.32.1 Fresh installs of LLM stopped working the other day because the OpenAI Python library dropped its usage of httpx, and it turned out LLM depended on that library but only installed it via a transitive…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

llm-openrouter 0.7

Release: llm-openrouter 0.7 Now that this plugin is compatible with LLM 0.32 it can display the reasoning traces for LLMs available through OpenRouter. Updated for compatibility with LLM 0.32. Models now use…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Stop Making TUIs

Stop Making TUIs Thomas Ptacek advocates for building real native user interfaces for even the smallest of personal tools, because coding agents have reduced the cost of getting a usable-enough GUI up and running to…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Quoting Matt Webb

After I released version 1.0, I figured I would have to do the rotations myself. So I sat down with ChatGPT and I didn’t get it to write the code, but I got it to educate me. With a patient, interactive tutor, I was…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Django Python

DSF Membership Open Space at DjangoCon US

If you are at DjangoCon US this year, join us for 45 minutes to talk about the Django Software Foundation. What: Django Software Foundation Membership Open Space When: Wednesday, August 26th, 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm Where:…

Source: Django Weblog Jeff Triplett

Fuzzy String Matching in Django and PostgreSQL

Django and PostgreSQL can handle fuzzy name matching with Soundex, Daitch-Mokotoff, Levenshtein distance, and trigram similarity, each suited to different kinds of misspellings and phonetic variation. The article shows…

Source: Python Hub Digest