Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · AI

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

21 Aug 2026 edition

422 articles · 10 sources · 411 papers ·

Top topics: AI · AI Research · Python

Python AI Django

llm 0.32.1

Release: llm 0.32.1 Fresh installs of LLM stopped working the other day because the OpenAI Python library dropped its usage of httpx, and it turned out LLM depended on that library but only installed it via a transitive…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

llm-openrouter 0.7

Release: llm-openrouter 0.7 Now that this plugin is compatible with LLM 0.32 it can display the reasoning traces for LLMs available through OpenRouter. Updated for compatibility with LLM 0.32. Models now use…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Stop Making TUIs

Stop Making TUIs Thomas Ptacek advocates for building real native user interfaces for even the smallest of personal tools, because coding agents have reduced the cost of getting a usable-enough GUI up and running to…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Quoting Matt Webb

After I released version 1.0, I figured I would have to do the rotations myself. So I sat down with ChatGPT and I didn’t get it to write the code, but I got it to educate me. With a patient, interactive tutor, I was…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
DevSec AI

OpenAI Adds Controls That Should've Been There Already

The new AI security controls follow the Hugging Face incident last month, though experts say many of these additions should have been in place prior to the frontier models escaping.

Source: Dark Reading AppSec Alexander Culafi
AI Research AI

ReguSim: Evaluating LLM Agent Rule Grounding in Financial Compliance

arXiv:2608.19974v1 Announce Type: new Abstract: LLM agents in financial markets may cite rules yet still submit orders that violate executable constraints or misread surveillance evidence. We introduce ReguSim, a…

Source: arXiv cs.AI Yiyang Luo, Yihang Jiang, Qijun Xie, Liang Lan, Lin Willian Cong, Anyi Rao, Yunya Song
AI Research AI

Interaction valence reveals contrasting social networks in dairy cattle

arXiv:2608.19222v1 Announce Type: new Abstract: Social relationships shape access to resources, exposure to conflict and group stability, yet automated livestock monitoring typically treats behaviour as isolated events.…

Source: arXiv cs.AI Sibi Parivendan, Suresh Raja Neethirajan
AI Research AI

FMT$^{\mathrm{X}}$: Lazy Wavefront Search for Dynamic Replanning

arXiv:2509.08521v2 Announce Type: replace-cross Abstract: FMT$^{*}$ plans efficiently in static worlds by expanding a cost-ordered wavefront and collision-checking lazily, but its single-pass unvisited rule cannot…

Source: arXiv cs.AI Soheil Espahbodi Nia

Showing 1 day · 422 items available