Markdown SVG upgrades
I started building my markdown-svg-renderer tool in May, but I've since added enough features to it that it's worth talking about here again. It's evolved into my ideal tool for sharing Markdown transcripts that include…
Daily edition · Python
TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
27 articles · 3 sources ·
I started building my markdown-svg-renderer tool in May, but I've since added enough features to it that it's worth talking about here again. It's evolved into my ideal tool for sharing Markdown transcripts that include…
Friday's big release was Qwen 3.8 27B, an Apache 2 licensed 27B parameter vision-capable LLM from Alibaba's Qwen research lab. I've been looking forward to this one: 27B is an excellent size for running a model on a…
I do agree that the public has a negative view of AI (and that this is a big problem), but I don’t think it is primarily caused by me or any other AI leader warning about AI’s risks. I think it is fundamentally a crisis…
Paraphrasing the Zen of Python: Namespaces are one honking great idea – let’s add one more to every module! A module logically has an external API (the symbols users are intended to access) and an internal…
The sassy AI code agent that makes IDEs look outdated.
Deploying Django with DEBUG=True exposes your app to attackers. Learn why it's risky and how to fail closed so DEBUG=False stays the safe default.
Django 6.1 is now available with features including model field fetch modes, database-level ForeignKey delete options, and dictionary-based email settings. Django 6.0 has ended mainstream support and will receive only…
Geotechnical engineering, solved in Python. 170+ validated functions for soil mechanics, SPT, CPT, bearing capacity, settlement, liquefaction & slope stability. Apache 2.0.
A Python booking system is refactored from loose dictionaries into a stronger domain model using dataclasses, enums, and value objects. The video shows where stronger types improve maintainability and where keeping a…
ADR secures enterprise AI agents through observability, security benchmarking, and threat detection. Deployed at Uber.
A practical guide to Python concurrency that builds from OS fundamentals, processes, threads, race conditions, and the GIL to choosing between asyncio, threading, and multiprocessing. It also explains concurrency vs.…
Lightweight loop engineering state kernel for long-running AI agent teams. Agent-loop agnostic across Codex, Claude Code, and other coding agents, with durable goals, quota-aware auto-wake, executable todos, evidence…
An AI-powered web application for speech recognition, translation, and dubbing.
A longtime Python developer reflects on decades of using Python for almost everything, then explains why it is no longer always his first choice and what he often uses instead. It also covers where Python still shines…
Private AI platform for agents, assistants and enterprise search. Built-in Agent Builder, Deep research, Document analysis, Multi-model support, and API connectivity for agents.
Running a 28.9M parameter LLM on a microcontroller.
A practical guide to Gleam for Python programmers, explaining its syntax, static typing, immutability, pattern matching, and functional programming model through Python comparisons. It gives Python developers a quick…
Showing 1 day · 27 items available