Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Django

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

16 Aug 2026 edition

5 articles · 2 sources ·

Top topics: Python · Django · AI

Python AI Django

Markdown SVG upgrades

I started building my markdown-svg-renderer tool in May, but I've since added enough features to it that it's worth talking about here again. It's evolved into my ideal tool for sharing Markdown transcripts that include…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Quoting Dario Amodei

I do agree that the public has a negative view of AI (and that this is a big problem), but I don’t think it is primarily caused by me or any other AI leader warning about AI’s risks. I think it is fundamentally a crisis…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python Django

Setting Django's DEBUG safely

Deploying Django with DEBUG=True exposes your app to attackers. Learn why it's risky and how to fail closed so DEBUG=False stays the safe default.

Source: Python Hub Digest
Python Django

Django 6.1 released

Django 6.1 is now available with features including model field fetch modes, database-level ForeignKey delete options, and dictionary-based email settings. Django 6.0 has ended mainstream support and will receive only…

Source: Python Hub Digest