TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
Claude Fable 5 and Claude Mythos 5 were first released on June 9, 2026. On June 12, 2026, Anthropic suspended access to both models to comply with U.S. Department of Commerce export controls; the Department lifted those…
GitHub Models is now retired I missed this news until today, when the GitHub Actions run for my simonw/research repository failed with this error message: GitHub Models is temporarily unavailable as part of a scheduled…
Research: SQLite compressed text-history prototypes I'm perennially interested in options for storing revision histories in relational databases. While out on a dog walk I had a new idea: how about taking the full text…
Web frameworks solve human problems. Readable abstractions, conventions a team can share, a line on a CV that outlasts the project. All of it is about people, and all of it assumes a human types the code and another…
For years, artificial intelligence could be covered as one industry. This edition makes that impossible. The important action is now distributed across institutions with incompatible duties, incentives, and definitions…