Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · PostgreSQL

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

05 Aug 2026 edition

9 articles · 4 sources ·

Top topics: PostgreSQL · AWS

Detect CDC failures faster with AWS DMS

AWS DMS uses exponential backoff for recoverable errors, and default settings can let a change data capture (CDC) task retry silently for up to 30 minutes before failing. This post shows how to tune four…

Source: AWS Database Blog Aritra Biswas
PostgreSQL

Radim Marek: The DISTINCT in your COUNT

Here is a query that shows up in every analytics workload: SELECT count(DISTINCT user_id) FROM events; It looks like the cheapest possible thing: count the distinct users. On a machine with cores to spare you would…

Source: Planet PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL

Christophe Pettus: Ontogeny Recapitulates the Relcache

Jacob Jackson at ByteofDev built something I can only describe as admirably irresponsible (and something I wish I had thought of first): claudegres, a “PostgreSQL” in which Claude is the entire backend. Not Claude…

Source: Planet PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL

What if Claude were your Postgres server?

#​660 — August 5, 2026 Web Version Lots of videos from this year's PGConf.dev are now on YouTube and I've rounded up some highlights at the end of the issue! __ Your editor, Peter Cooper Postgres Weekly COUNT(DISTINCT)…

Source: PostgreSQL Weekly