`cfg(extern = "rand")`
I don't have the time to drive this atm; I'm mostly posting as a place to reference the idea and in case anyone else wants to pick it up. Some cfg expressions can get complex or repetitive of specific data. cfg_select!…
Daily edition · Rust
TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
5 articles · 3 sources ·
I don't have the time to drive this atm; I'm mostly posting as a place to reference the idea and in case anyone else wants to pick it up. Some cfg expressions can get complex or repetitive of specific data. cfg_select!…
The drop trait is currently defined as: fn drop(&mut self) { // ... } But the thing is, after dropping the value, the value is no longer accessible. This is also the reason why you can't call the Drop trait explicitly…
We are excited to announce that rustup 1.29.1 beta is now available for testing and we are currently looking for testers. What's new The headlines of this release are: Concurrency in certain rustup operations has been…
Program management update — June 2026 Meetings We started attending the Types meetings. The topic is something neither of us are deeply familiar with, but the team was extremely welcoming, and kept stressing that we ask…
Every conference features a talk that people remember but ask engineers where they got the most value from, and you’ll usually hear about something else. The conversation between sessions. The meetup afterward. The…