Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Python

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

06 Oct 2026 edition

63 articles · 9 sources · 4 papers ·

Top topics: Python · AI · Django

Python AI Django

Quoting Victoria Kim

Since the Medicare breach, OpenAI has put in place additional monitoring to allow “immediate intervention” by staff to stop training if the company’s models access the internet in ways they’re not supposed to, Mr. Kwon…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

llm-openai-decisions 0.1a0

Release: llm-openai-decisions 0.1a0 OpenAI released their new Jev-style Decisions API, as previously announced at last week's DevDay. Since I already have an llm-typesafe plugin for talking to Jev, I had GPT-6 Astra…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

llm-mistral 0.16

Release: llm-mistral 0.16 Adds support for reasoning models, such as the newly released Mistral Large 4. Tags: llm, mistral, llm-reasoning

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

EmbeddingGemma 2

My comment on EmbeddingGemma 2 — Hacker News. I really appreciate that EmbeddingGemma 2 is under the Apache 2.0 license. For embedding models in particular, I don't think it makes sense to use a closed, proprietary,…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Introducing Mistral Large 4: Le chonk

Introducing Mistral Large 4: Le chonk Mistral are back in the game. Today they're releasing a preview of Mistral Large 4, a 1 trillion parameter, 49 billion active parameter model trained on their own cluster of 3,800…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Using Parseable with Datasette for OpenTelemetry traces

TIL: Using Parseable with Datasette for OpenTelemetry traces I saw Parseable in a Show HN today - it's a new observability platform with both an open source (AGPL) Rust implementation (a single ~180MB binary), an…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Mistral Large 4

My comment on Mistral Large 4 — Hacker News. wren6991: The benchmark is saturated. Frontier models are tested with an armadillo in fishnet tights jaywalking on Mars. OK well I couldn't resist this one: llm -m…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

datasette-atom 0.11a0

Release: datasette-atom 0.11a0 A minor fix for compatibility with the latest Datasette alphas. This meant we could upgrade the datasette.io site to Datasette 1.0a41. Tags: atom, datasette

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

Scrimshaw Jukebox

Tool: Scrimshaw Jukebox I wanted to see if Claude Opus 5.5 could compose music, so I tried this: I want you to write some computer game music for me. First design simple text based format for the music and build an…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python

#499 So many questions??

Topics covered in this episode: PEP 824 brings ?? and ??= to Python for None handling Python 3.15 gets a surprise RC3, and Python 3.10 reaches end of life asyncio.shield Pyxel: the retro game engine for Python Extras…

Source: Python Bytes Michael Kennedy and Calvin Hendryx-Parker

Showing 1 day · 63 items available