TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
Hi, I am trying to parse a file that contains serialized C++ objects, and represent them within Rust. The file starts with a list of every object, then the objects themselves can also refer to one another. Ideally, I…
I am wanting to develop some out-of-tree LKM's in Rust and have just finished enabling Rust Support in my kernel (enabling CONFIG_RUST) and I've also cloned rust-for-linux, though I don't understand how this directory…
Last week TypeSafe AI unveiled Jev, their first example of a new category of model that they are calling "System One models" (I'm with Maggie Appleton, I think "decision models" is a better name for these). Jev is an…
Building on the ideas from PEP 505 and after many discussions over the years, I’m happy to present PEP 824: None-coalescing operators. Please be sure to also check out the discussion for the companion PEP 823. Abstract…
Building on the ideas from PEP 505 and after many discussions over the years, I’m happy to present PEP 823: None-aware access operators. Please be sure to also check out the discussion for the companion PEP 824.…
Cloudflare Python Workers are now generally available After a two year preview, Cloudflare's support for running Python code in their server-side Workers platform is now stable: "Python is now a first-class, fully…
Opinionated Spec-Driven Development, Kafkaesque JFR, zhtmldb Agent Memory--Questions for the 150th airhacks.tv Questions and topics for the 2026.09/150th edition of airhacks.tv: Another take on opinionated Spec-Driven…
Currently, I am building a custom StreamRecorder struct that records bytes read from a stream. While implementing it, I experimented with two different wrapping orders: putting the BufReader inside my struct versus…
Subscribe to airhacks.fm podcast via: spotify| iTunes The #415 airhacks.fm episode with Andy Damevin (ia3andy) about: Roq, the Quarkus static site generator, with Quinoa, the Web Bundler and Qute is available for…
I'm currently making a TUI wrapper for flatpak using Ratatui, and I know it is a good practice to do unit tests on your code, but I genuinely have no idea what to even test. Like almost everything I know that could bug…
Releasing Spring For Modern Challenges TL;DR: The Spring release train has been updated from a two week long train to a single day, the Thursday after the third Monday of the month. The next regular patch train will be…
Reference documentation and GitHub repository We often need quick decision-making components in our AI applications: to pick the next step in a multi-agent system, to evaluate the inputs and outputs of a complex…
Jev is a new model from TypeSafe that answers typed questions about your content. You send it some text and the decisions you need. It returns a probability, a choice, or a score instead of a paragraph. That makes it a…
Just-in-time (JIT) compilation within the JVM is essential to Java's performance and plays a central role in ongoing OpenJDK projects such as Valhalla, Leyden, and Panama. JIT compilation is constantly evolving to…
Most photo editing tools rely on heavy desktop software or cloud-based processing. I wanted to see how far we could push browser-native graphics performance for heavy RAW media. That’s why I built JPEGForce—a 100%…
Signup tests often look healthy while proving very little. A test clicks the submit button, waits for a selector, and turns green. Then a small copy change, a slower email provider, or a duplicate request exposes that…
Every developer encounters this awkward friction almost every week: You have an APK file, a configuration snippet, an invoice PDF, or a test video on your development machine, and you need to send it to your phone right…
Over time, every workstation accumulates duplicate files: duplicated photo backups, repeated downloads of large zip archives, cloned repositories, and redundant ISOs. They quietly eat gigabytes of expensive SSD storage.…
Every developer’s Downloads folder eventually becomes a chaotic digital landfill. Screenshots, random PDF receipts, compressed archives, test datasets, and CLI binaries pile up until finding anything becomes a chore.…
Originally published on NextFuture Google vừa mở pre-order Googlebook ở mức 899 USD. Câu hỏi thực tế với dân văn phòng Việt Nam không phải "máy có xịn không" mà là "tính năng nào bắt buộc phải mua máy mới". Câu trả lời…