TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
Be alert: targeted attacks on prominent Rustaceans Important warning from Adam Harvey and the crates security team: We believe that there is an ongoing campaign targeting rust-lang members and owners of popular crates…
How To Write With An LLM Thomas Ptacek on using LLMs as copyeditors, not as writing assistants: Rule Number One: You may not use a single word an LLM suggests to you. [...] I think that as a form of intellectual…
Hello, I’m posting here because I still don’t fully understand how to use SQLX to connect to different relational databases. I’m currently building the backend for a blog and my database will be PostgreSQL, so when I…
My comment on Bonsai 2 27B: Near-Lossless Compression in a 9x Smaller Footprint — Hacker News. If you want to try out out the GGUFs from https://huggingface.co/prism-ml/Ternary-Bonsai-2-27B-gguf#th... be aware that you…
Hello, I am looking for a serde format which, unlike postcard is self-describing, and unlike bincode, works well with serde and lets you use serde attributes like flatten, etc. It also needs to be self-describing…
Self-generated prompt injections in compaction summaries In Our framework for reporting model misalignment OpenAI provide "six reports on unexpected or concerning model behavior we’ve observed in the last six months".…
For your consideration: PEP 845, with the following abstract: This PEP enables the use of non-attribute names as value patterns in match statements. A name prefixed with a dot is looked up using the normal name…
Without architecture and design, the agent decides everything per feature: where the code goes, how it talks to the rest of the system, which operations to expose, and what the data looks like. Architecture removes…
The 2026 election for the PSF Board created an opportunity for conversations about the PSF's work to serve the global Python community. We appreciate community members' perspectives, passion, and engagement in the…
The inaugural Python Packaging Council (PPC) election has concluded. With 17 candidates and plenty of lively AMA discussions on DPO, we are pleased to see the level of engagement with this first PPC election. We want to…
Recently I noticed this: rustdoc apparently adds Read and Write labels at the top for types that implement std::io::Read and std::io::Write. Have I just not noticed this before, or is a somewhat new behavior?…
Hello, I'm new to Rust and I'm experimenting with it to do a personal web project. I'm at the stage where I want to implement integration tests. For this I've decided to use the fantoccini crate to drive the browser…
Hi, Spring fans! In this conversation, Spring Tools lead Martin Lippert joins us for a fascinating look at how developer tooling has evolved from Eclipse to VS Code and beyond. We dig into the architecture behind Spring…
The pgAdmin Development Team is pleased to announce the release of pgAdmin 4 version 9.18. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes 29 bug fixes and new features, including fixes for four security vulnerabilities…
From time scales to checkpointing, from managing to inspecting cache files, there are a number of details to consider when creating AOT caches for faster Java application launches.
In many type aliases, a union is the outermost operation. The recent PEP 846 (docstrings for type aliases) reminded me of an old idea of mine. That PEP proposes to attach a string statement to the preceding type…
CryptoYaan reads a token's on-chain risk before you buy, in plain English. It checks whether a token can be sold (honeypot), buy and sell tax where available, liquidity and lock status, holder concentration, and…
BoxLang has always been an extensible language. As of 1.17.0, it is a hierarchically extensible one. Modules can now contain other modules; aka Module Inception. Recursively. To any depth. Each nested module gets its…
Hello! I’d like to propose adding support for file descriptors to os.readlink(). Currently, in os.readlink() can be called with strings, bytes, and (in general) PathLike objects (see the docs). It reads a symlink and…
People use "SSR" and "Server Components" like they're the same idea wearing a different name. They're not. Traditional server side rendering and React Server Components solve different problems, and mixing them up leads…