TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
Want to leverage Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) but aren't sure where to start? In this video, Olivier (Developer Advocate at Google) introduces Bank of Anthos—an open-source, cloud-native retail banking sample…
Which PostgreSQL type holds money exactly? numeric, integer cents, bigint and money side by side, with the pitfalls we tested and a query to audit your schema.
If you were wondering, it’s the SBOM thing that I mentioned the other day. Postgres Extensions in containers with full inventory, provenance and attestation. I’ve been using plenty of AI Agents to put this together.…
Introduction Hey DEV Community! 👋 I'm Mohd Asif (Akky), a Full Stack Web Architect, UI/UX Designer, and Tech Entrepreneur based in NCR, India. Over the past 8+ years, I have been building high-performance web systems,…
There is a conversation that happens in every PostgreSQL shop eventually. A query that has been fine for a year gets slow overnight. Nothing was deployed. The data grew a little, ANALYZE ran, and the planner — entirely…
PostgreSQL 19's release crumbled under its own ambition: eight major features landed in five weeks before freeze, three committers pulled their work, and a…
Until now, the only way to tell us about a contribution worth listing was email. There is now a form on the site instead. You do not need an account, and you do not have to tell us who you are. Write the contribution in…
PostgreSQL contributor Tomas Vondra has published a blog post looking at development activity in the project, with data from the late 1990s to today. We're doing ~50 commits per week, give or take. In ~2010 we were…
It’s 2 a.m., and you’re restoring a PostgreSQL cluster from last night’s backup. Its data directory lives on one PersistentVolumeClaim The post Kubernetes 1.36 restores a lost guarantee for database backups appeared…
Obviously I would have liked to post this closer to the event, but life got in the way. The talk was in May and the recording has been up for a while. Here it is. PGConf.dev 2026 took place from May 19th to 22nd, 2026,…
The best way to learn a technology is by putting it into practice in a real system. A few months ago, I decided to build a virtual assistant that could answer questions about my career, help people learn more about ...…
Every now and then I need a break from writing code. In those cases I like looking at data about a subject I’m interested in - looking for trends, quantifying the expected effects, and so on. I needed just such a break…
arXiv:2609.14413v1 Announce Type: cross Abstract: Large language model (LLM)-based database migration is often treated as direct code transformation, although enterprise Oracle systems contain heterogeneous SQL and…
PostgreSQL's `max_index_keys` has counted more than keys since INCLUDE columns arrived in version 11, but stays locked at 32 due to on-disk tuple format…
Hey HN, I always had the problem that building HTML pages is really simple now, but trying to save data required hosting it somewhere, and sharing it afterwards was not easy. Over the last few months, I've been building…