TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
TL;DR: I set out to compress a shared whiteboard for a connection that's slow (~120 kbps practical) and drops without warning. The real problem wasn't compression. It was that I was sending information the other client…
Comecei a estudar tecnologia há pouco tempo e decidi transformar o aprendizado em algo prático. Foi assim que surgiu meu primeiro projeto web publicado: um site voltado para Fonoaudiologia, desenvolvido para apresentar…
JavaScript production errors happen inside minified React and Next.js bundles, so a media team's AI agent can report latency and cost perfectly while its control room shows only an unreadable app.js:1:48392 stack. Those…
Originally published on NextFuture Bạn muốn một chương trình bên ngoài duyệt hoặc chặn từng tool call của coding agent. Trong sáu CLI phổ biến hiện nay, chỉ bốn cái cho bạn làm điều đó — và hai cái trong số đó mặc định…
Originally published on NextFuture Bạn cài model local vì nghe "chạy local là miễn phí". Cài xong, gõ một câu hỏi, rồi ngồi đợi tám giây mới thấy ký tự đầu tiên hiện ra. Miễn phí thì đúng. Nhưng khoảng cách giữa ba lựa…
Most i18n setups ask you to name a string before you have finished writing it. You invent pricing.hero.title, open a JSON file, wire a lookup, then finally type the sentence. Multiply that by a few thousand UI strings…
I typed “The meaning of life” into a browser and, 25.7 seconds later, it answered The fine game of nil Not quite philosophy, perhaps—but it is an exact anagram. Every letter in the original appears once in the result.…
Pushed v2.4.0 of bro.js (my zero-boilerplate Express alternative) and figured I'd write up what changed instead of just dumping a changelog. The Redis integration got a lot less annoying Used to be you had to wire up…
Meta Description Learn practical ways to manage old GitHub accounts, including profile organization, repository maintenance, security, authentication, access permissions, connected applications, privacy, and long-term…
LinkedIn has no bold, italic, or strikethrough button. Yet you constantly see posts with fake bold headers and slanted emphasis. Ever wondered how that actually works? It's not formatting, it's a different alphabet…
If you are working on a React application, images are usually one of the first things I look at when trying to improve page performance. A large JPEG or PNG image can easily be hundreds of KB or even a few MB. If a page…
This was a building week, not a migration week. The brand ports slowed down and a brand-new tool took most of the hours: an engine that turns a library of proven ad layouts into finished ads for any brand. Around it,…
Most people meet GenosDB through its P2P side: real-time sync, WebRTC rooms, decentralized apps without a backend. This post is about the other side, the one almost nobody asks about — GenosDB as a plain local-first…
PouchDB is the reason a lot of us believed offline-first was practical at all. It landed in 2012 with a simple, powerful idea: run a database in the browser that speaks the CouchDB replication protocol, and let the two…
I build TagKing.io on my own: a two player game of tag that runs in a browser tab. One player is "it", touching the other passes it on, and whoever is "it" when thirty seconds run out loses. There is a ranked ladder, so…
You know the moment. You reopen a long-running session in your AI coding CLI and instead of your conversation you get a wall of garbage-collector spam that ends like this: FATAL ERROR: Ineffective mark-compacts near…
Hello, DEV Community! 👋 This is my first post here, so I thought I'd start by introducing myself. I'm currently learning Web Development and exploring technologies like JavaScript, React, and Node.js. I'm also working…