Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Rust

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

07 Sep 2026 edition

6 articles · 2 sources ·

Top topics: Rust · General

Rust

Configure deny-all lint rule for cargo lints

Recently cargo-lints were stabilized. How do I configure these lints to do the same equivalent of cargo clippy -- -Dwarnings for my CI run? I have checked the lints reference which seems to list all existing lints, and…

Source: Rust Users Forum WorldSEnder
Rust

Is it safe to transmute `Option<MyEnum>` to `u8` and back?

I wonder if the following code is sound: use core::mem::transmute; #[derive(Debug)] #[repr(u8)] enum MyEnum { A, B, C, } const { assert!(size_of::<Option<MyEnum>>() == 1) } let a = Some(MyEnum::B); // SAFETY: ??? let t:…

Source: Rust Users Forum newpavlov
Rust

Given an `impl FromIterator`, find item type

I'm trying to wrap an external generic API, which has a FromRepresentation trait implemented for most primitive types[1]. I'd like to add a way for this wrapper to collect items from this API into a collection. My first…

Source: Rust Users Forum Cerber-Ursi
Rust

Wgpu WriteOnly vs bytemuch vs encase

Ref: rend3-hp/rend3/src/util/scatter_copy.rs at 5480169a3dad0092b8b8da18429358177f3a0470 · John-Nagle/rend3-hp · GitHub I'm trying to update rend3-hp (my fork of abandoned rend3) to wgpu 30, from wgpu 24. There were…

Source: Rust Users Forum John_Nagle