TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases,
trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.
Introducing GPT-6 Astra for developers Blink and you'll miss it, but there's a familiar creature at 1m59s: Across the board, Astra has more attention to detail, better understanding of the user's prompt, and can build…
TIL: Using Blender with coding agents on macOS I've been having fun with Blender in ChatGPT Codex on my Mac recently. Getting it to work with coding agents is really easy: install the full Mac application from…
In a study published in 2019, researchers put adults who had played Pokémon extensively as children into an fMRI scanner. When those adults looked at Pokémon, a particular part of their visual cortex responded…
Yesterday I wrote about building an AI coding agent that ships in under 50KB. A fair comment kept coming up: "sounds cool, but does it actually work?" Fair question. So today I did the thing every builder dreads: I…
From scalar observations to self-attention, and how positional information restores sequence order The post Why Transformers Need Positional Encoding For Time Series: A Visual Guide appeared first on Towards Data…
Improving reinforcement learning for complex physics The post Dynamical System Transfer Learning with Reduced Order Models appeared first on Towards Data Science.
Every example in this series so far has wrapped a call. A binding named a method, and what flowed through the call was recorded or changed. Plenty of what a test needs to control is not a call, though. An outcome stored…
A few weeks ago I felt like it would be fun to see if I can make one of those cheap Chinese CarPlay dongles run something other than the stock firmware. The idea was that rather than just forwarding CarPlay, why not do…