Skip to content
TILens What matters today in tech v0.3.0
Theme

Daily edition · Frameworks

The daily ledger

TILens turns technical updates into a focused daily brief: official releases, trusted reporting, and practitioner analysis, deduplicated and organized by topic.

12 Aug 2026 edition

7 articles · 5 sources ·

Top topics: Python · Django · AI

Python AI Django

DeepSeek V4 Pro 0813 (on OpenRouter)

DeepSeek V4 Pro 0813 (on OpenRouter) The latest DeepSeek Pro model is now available, via API only. I had to link to OpenRouter because DeepSeek don't have any obvious announcement page for their new model. I haven't…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Python AI Django

alchemy-utils 0.1a0

Release: alchemy-utils 0.1a0 I've long pondered what a database agnostic version of my sqlite-utils Python library and CLI utility might look like. This morning (literally a shower project) I tasked Codex and GPT-5.6…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog
Django Python

DSF Office Hours

The DSF Board hosts open office hours every Wednesday at 6:00 PM UTC (check your local time). Anyone in the Django community is welcome to drop in. You do not need an agenda or an invitation. Video call details are on…

Source: Django Weblog Jeff Triplett
Python AI Django

Quoting Florian Herrengt

But then users start to report a weird bug. It's the 4th time your team has been trying to fix it. I mean... asking AI to fix it. Unfortunately, it seems like not even Fable can figure it out. You go talk to the person…

Source: Simon Willison's Weblog